Subject: RE: about iriver e100

RE: about iriver e100

From: Hussein Patwa <>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:01:03 +0100

    hi, I have an iriver e100 mp4 player, can I install the rockbox software
in this player? if not, can you release a rockbox software use with the
e100 mp4 player?

According to the information on the homepage at, the e100 is
not supported, although the iRiver H series are.
I'm not a developer on the Rockbox project but I know a little about
programming. Writing software for computers is hard enough, but writing
software for a range of different portable audio devices is much harder so
it's really not as simple as just compiling some code and voila!
There is a guide on the Rockbox site on how to go about collecting
information that would allow a port of Rockbox to a new device. Hopefully
the e100 would share some characteristics with the existing supported iRiver
players, but if not, it may well be that there are hardware limitations that
preclude a port being made. I'd suggested you have a look at the guide, and
if you're really keen on getting a port to the e100, start collecting
information that could be of use to the developers. I'm also assuming there
would have to be a demand for the port, so maybe others that are interested
could comment here as well.
HTH for a start, but sorry I can't offer a simple solution to your question.