Subject: RE: audible.com

RE: audible.com

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:45:30 +0100

> I don't want to break my agreement, I just wanted to get a Rockbox
> player
> because of it's greater accessibility.

Hi,

Firstly, apologies all if my previous attempt to provide constructive advice
was seen as advocating piracy or copyright infringement. Regardless of my
personal views on the subject, that was not my intention. I should also say
however that anyone who acts on any advice given anywhere are responsible
for their own actions. OK, disclaimers over.

You can do this using the Audible Manager and Goldwave. Note you will
require an active Audible account. As a helpful note, also be aware that
Audible can store all purchased books in your Audible library for future
re-download in the event you lose your original downloaded version. The
above tools are both freely available. Notes on their use may be found
online - I won't post them here in case there are issues with that.

Finally, the conversion of books for your own use is not prohibited by
Audible. I have this in writing from them when the same issue came up when
a blind colleague wished to access them but found the Audible software
inaccessible to their screen reader technology. However, the public
distribution of the material is absolutely prohibited, and you would be
personally liable if you chose to do that and were found wanting.

Hope this helps, and that I haven't ruffled any more feathers, however
inadvertently.

database 4485 (20091006) __________

http://www.eset.com