Subject: voice files for the Ipod video 60/80gb

voice files for the Ipod video 60/80gb

From: Leonard Morris <lmorris1953_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 06:33:25 +0800

        In the wiki section of the Rockbox page it states, "Voice files are now built daily automatically as part of the build system. You can find the voice files made available by the Rockbox project by following the extras link on the website menu."

When I click on "English voices" and scroll down to latest (r22993) and download rockbox-ipodvideo64mb.zip and unzip it to my Ipod video 60/80 the folders and menus are all jumbled up with information for different items in the wrong place. I tried the following:

1. Playing the Ipod after download. English.lng voiced file names but not menus at the top structure.

2. renaming english.lng to english.voice. Files and folders are voiced but menus are voiced but all jumbled up once you enter on them. For example, entering on "system, I hear directory cache and entering there I hear time and date etc etc. You get the point.

  I had to return to 3.3 to have my Ipod video 60/80 voice read correctly.