Subject: RE: Help on installing RB on an iRiver iHP-120 with firmware 1.17E

RE: Help on installing RB on an iRiver iHP-120 with firmware 1.17E

From: TheFaster TheBetter <prievjet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:11:25 +0200

> Linus wrote:
> No, there is no way you can backup the original firmware before
> installing Rockbox. However, if you are worried that your hardware won't
> support your player, I suggest this approach:
>
> 1) Upgrade to the latest genuine iriver firmware to see that it works
> correctly. I'm sure that iriver wouldn't release firmware updates that
> would trash your player.
>
> 2) Now when you see that it works with the latest iriver firmware,
> proceed with installing Rockbox.
>
> The Rockbox bootloader allows you to run the original firmware as well,
> so you are safe once you have installed the bootloader successfully.

Hi Linus

Ok, if there is no way to backup the original firmware (apparently not supported

by the hardware), I'll just have to try the new firmware at risk.

If that works, I have no doubt that RB should be fine as well.

So thumbs up for the flash (likely this evening)

I'll let the forum know how things worked out.

Regards

Wilfred
                                                _________________________________________________________________ RU Live de place to be voor Messengerfans http://www.rulive.nl/