Subject: Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

From: Pat Fletcher <>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:56:15 -0700

Hi All,
I have not been on the list for a couple of years. I am now using a San disk 280e player. It rockboxed perfectly and is speaking great! Thanks to all for a great rockbox! Now some questions. 1. I have NeoSpeech Kate and would like to use it for the system voice instead of the one on the 3.3 rockbox version. Is this possible? What can I remove ( files or options) from rockbox to give me more room on the player? Example games are not usable for me right now. ( also themes, photos EC all the stuff a blind person can not use. What does ffolder buffer is full mean? When I plug the player into my computer or on a AC charger there is no voice. Is this normal? Is there a way to have the player speak when being charged? Is the Rockbox utility usable by screen readers yet? Thanks to all for your help.
Take Care,