Subject: RE: Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

RE: Rockbox 3.3 new blind user with a few questions please

From: Jammit Timmaj <jammit999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:45:06 +0000

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:11:41 -0400
From: perley_at_comcast.net
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Tomer Shalev <shalev.tomer_at_gmail.com> wrote:

When I plug the player into my computer or on a AC charger there is no voice. Is this normal?

Yes. There player is unusable while connected, besides USB Keypad Mode (refer to manual).

I haven't used voice, but the Sansa E200 series do work on a plain AC charger. If the player is (or thinks it is) connected to real USB port, it switches to data/USB mode and can't play.

I've used mine with 3 different chargers between car and home. It may be that yours looks more like a real usb port by having the data lines tied.

You may want to try this. Get a cheap USB extension cable. Strip off the insulation somewhere in the middle so you can see the internal wires. If there is a braided shield, simply cut it in half, it's not needed for anything except to prevent electrical signals from leaking out and messing with nearby radios. There should be a red, green ,white and black wire. Cut the green and white wires and insulate with tape. When you plug in the player to the modified extension cable, then plug the modified extension cable into the charger, the data lines aren't connected to anything. The player should see the 5 volts without any computer type signal on the data lines and think it's plugged into a charger instead of a computer. You do want to use a cheap USB cable because most devices won't charge without the data lines connected to something and you might destroy a perfectly good cable.

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better.
-Laurie Anderson, Language is a Virus-

The glass is neither half full nor half empty, the glass has simply been over-engineered.
-Jammit-

The World Wide Web is text for people who can't read.
-Von- "Sisters of Mercy"

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.
-Frank Zappa-

I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years. - Sam Kinison

ICQ#45068833

MSN#jammit999_at_hotmail.SPAM.com

AIM#Jammit9999999999

Yahoo IM#jammit_the_original
                                                _________________________________________________________________ Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from HotmailŪ. http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009