Subject: Rockbox on a Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB

Rockbox on a Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB

From: David Mehler <dave.mehler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:24:50 -0400

Hello,
I obtained a Sandisk Sansa player intending to put rockbox on it. I
was under the impression i was getting an sansa e280 which i read
rockbox works on. Placing this player in a machine to check it out it
does not show up as a Sansa e280 instead it shows up as a Sansa Clip
8gb. This was not what i was expecting, and in it's state right now
does not do what i want. I'm wondering if Rockbox will work on this
clip or if i have to return it and atempt to obtain an e280? I can
provide model number and existing firmware numbers if needed. If
anyone is using the clip with rockbox i'd appreciate some assistance.
Thanks.
Dave.