Subject: Re: Rockbox on a Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB

Re: Rockbox on a Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB

From: Andrew Bennett <drewbenn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:42:12 -0700

> I've got two clips, one a 2gb and the newer one an 8 gb.
> Does rockbox work at all? I'm only really interested in mp3 playback
> at this point.

The Rockbox home page, http://www.rockbox.org/, lists the Clip under the
heading "unusable ports." Following the link "status summary of unstable
and unusable ports" there is some summary information about the Sansa Clip
(among other players). Following *that* link to the SansaAMS page gives
very detailed information about whether or not playback and other features
will work for your Clip (it appears to matter which version of the Clip you
have), how to install Rockbox if you wish, the possible consequences of
installing Rockbox (I don't have a Clip so I haven't tried!), and also a
link to the forum thread where the Clip and other targets are being
discussed. Watching that forum thread is probably your best bet if you want
to get a feel for the status of porting Rockbox to the Clip.

Also, please take a moment to read the Etiquette link (at the bottom of this
and every message on this mailing list) and avoid top-posting in your future