Subject: Re: rockbox on a Sandisk e280?

Re: rockbox on a Sandisk e280?

From: Donald Perley <perley_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:43:01 -0500

> I'm trying to get ahold of a Sandisk e280 for rockbox, the clip i was
> given is not working at all and won't work with rockbox so i'm looking
> for an alternative.
> I've checked locally no one seems to carry it, i was wondering online
> places and the best prices? Also, i remember vaguely about a 280v1 and
> 280v2 how do i differentiate between them?

Try this thread on the sansa forum:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=9720

It shows pictures of the model number on the case, but in the case of
refurbs, it may not have the original cover.

The most reliable way without taking the case apart is to check the
firmware version:
3.something is a v2.
1.something is a v1 or a Rhapsody.

The e200 has been discontinued for over a year (maybe 2?), so that's
why you aren't likely to find them in retail stores. Look for places
that sell overstocks or refurbished stuff. Biglots, buy.com,
froobie.com are some possibilities, or ebay.

There's also the c200 series that as far as I know differs mainly in
the screen, so same V1 vs V2 issues, but you may find that model
first.