Subject: Samsung YH-920, a couple of Qs

Samsung YH-920, a couple of Qs

From: S D <sundimi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:59:27 -0800 (PST)

First of all, thanks for the great work.

I find the Rockbox firmware for the Samsung YH-920 to be way, way better than the original one supplied by Samsung. The sound is better, the interface is better, Rockbox allows access to the file structure, which is very important to me, and overall it's marvelous piece of work, thanks.

There's though a couple of issues that I have with the Rockbox firmware:

1) The "battery monitoring" is marked as working at http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SamsungYH92xPort but I don't think it's actually the case. My player consistently shows battery at 100%, even after some hours of work, and then the player unexpectedly fails to turn on with the "Low battery" message. In other words, "battery monitoring" does not seem to work for YH-920.

Battery charging does work though there doesn't seem to be any indication when the charging is completed.

2) Suppose, the player is in the "Now Playing" screen that shows the progress of the track currently being played. How can I quickly get to the directory where the track being played is located?

The only way I found to do this is to go to the root menu, select "Files" and then click all the way through the file structure... but that's just way too many clicks.

Thanks