Subject: Supported Sansa players [was "RE: Hi!"]

Supported Sansa players [was "RE: Hi!"]

From: Christopher Chaltain <>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:25:18 -0600

From, in the stable ports section, the following Sansa players
are supported:

. SanDisk: Sansa c200 series, e200 series and e200R series

Notice that in the unstable ports section, the following Sansa's are listed:

. SanDisk:
Sansa e200 v2 (AMS),
Sansa Fuze V1,
Sansa Clip V1 (not v2 or Clip+)

If you want to stick with a stable port then you need the V1 version of the
Sansa e200 series. If you go to the FAQ's and the Sansa FAQ, you'll see how
to tell if you have a V1 version of the Sansa e200 series. The FW will start
with if it's a V1 model and if it's a V2 model. Note that the
V2 model is now listed in the unstable ports. The direct URL to the Sansa
FAQ is

Also note that the list etiquette requires bottom posting. You'll see a link
to the list etiquette at the bottom of each message. Bottom posting means
that you place the message you're answering at the top of your email with
your response below it. You should also edit the message you're responding
to to just contain the part that you're referring to.