Subject: San disk e280R can not install e200-manufac-driver

San disk e280R can not install e200-manufac-driver

From: Pat Fletcher <patfletcher_at_cayjazz.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:34:53 -0800

Hello, I have a San disk e280R player It indicates Rhapsody on the back and is running firmware: Version 1.0.2.165. I downloaded all the files recommended to unlock the player and get it ready for use with Rockbox. I am running Winks Pro sp3 the San disk e280r loaded the Windows drivers during installation automatically. when I plugged it in the USB port. As per the instructions I unzipped the e200-manufac-driver file and tried to perform a driver update. I first used pointing to the folder location and received the message " the hardware wizard can not continue the the best driver is already installed. So I tried to force the driver install by then selecting let me select a driver. I pointed Windows at the .INF file and hit enter. I received a message something like the folder or file does not contain the information for this hardware. now I am stuck. I have rockboxed 2 other e280 players but this is my first e280R. I read on another thread to just run the e200rpatcher.exe program and a
ll will be well. But I do not want to do anything to brick this player. I am blind and if something goes wrong then I have to find a sighted person to help. Does anyone on the list have experience with this sort of problem? If so what do I do to make sure I have a successful Rockbox installation? I know what to do after I have the patcher in and completed. I have worked with driver installation before. I understand what to do it is just that the .inf file does not seem to contain the information WindowsXP thinks it should. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks,
Pat