Subject: RE: Listening music while charging iPod

RE: Listening music while charging iPod

From: Hussein Patwa <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:14:24 -0000

I'm new to rockbox and I'm enthusiast on how well it works on my ipod
video, but there's just one problem.

I used to listen to music while the ipod was charging just by
"unmounting" my iPod in Windows with the "remove device" button. Doing
so would boot the iPod back to the AppleOS while charging.

There's a way to do this with rockbox? What appears now after
unmounting is a message that says "Ok to disconnect" and that's it. It
doesn't boot into the OS.

There's a way to use rockbox while charging the iPod?

Whereas I've been out of the Rockbox loop for some time so some of this may
have been superceeded, I can advise from my own experience that charging
does work from at least an indirect power supply. I use a PowerMonkey to
charge my iPod when I'm travelling, and can use Rockbox whilst the charge is
in progress. I haven't tested this with a direct AC connection.

database 4809 (20100127) __________

  Email message - is OK