Subject: Re: Listening music while charging iPod

Re: Listening music while charging iPod

From: Alex Suykov <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:20:25 +0200

Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 04:16:24PM +0100, Marcello Maggioni wrote:

> I used to listen to music while the ipod was charging just by
> "unmounting" my iPod in Windows with the "remove device" button. Doing
> so would boot the iPod back to the AppleOS while charging.
> There's a way to do this with rockbox? What appears now after
> unmounting is a message that says "Ok to disconnect" and that's it. It
> doesn't boot into the OS.

Check, it works somewhat
different from what you described, but you still should be able to
get charge-only mode by unplugging and then plugging the player back.

It's unofficial patch, so you'll have to recompile rockbox yourself.
As far as I know, there's no "official" way to achieve this, but I can
be wrong here.