Subject: RE: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

RE: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:57:49 -0000

Hussein Patwa wrote:

> Could anyone advise if there is a way to make the Mpeg player plugin
> accessible to those without sight on the iPod Video 30GB with
> particular reference to resuming playback where the video left off?
> Is there a patch that enables voice or some other way of interacting
> with the plugin?
>

> Thanks.

Paul Louden wrote:

You'd get better battery life (and accessibility, which mpegplayer
doesn't have) if you simply stripped the audio out of the file and
listened to that on its own.
----------------
Hi,

Thanks for that. I had considered it. Do you know of a good program to do
this? It should work with different input formats.

I guess my original reason for asking was that I hoped to be able to take at
least some advantage of my remaining useable sight. Whereas I cannot read
the regular text with the naked eye, I can at least make out some of the
images in the video.

It would be interesting to hear what other VI users, who may also be more
well versed in the programming side of things than I, thought of this.

Thanks again,

H.

database 4821 (20100130) __________

  Email message - is OK