Subject: Re: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

Re: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:08:25 -0600

> Thanks for that. I had considered it. Do you know of a good program to do
> this? It should work with different input formats.

WinFF, which is what I generally recommend for converting videos to a
format usable for Rockbox should also be able to convert videos to audio
files. It should be able to take nearly any input format, and at the
very least output MP3.

If you're looking for something console based ffmpeg (which WinFF is
simply a front end for) or mencoder are quite compatible with many video
formats and should have no problem outputting file formats Rockbox can play.

Unfortunately, other than the Google Summer of Code work for translating
plugins, there hasn't been too much in the way of progress in making
them accessible. The only current solution, really, is memorizing item
positions in the lists, and I'm sure that's far from ideal.