Subject: Re: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

Re: Accessible Mpeg player on iPod Video 30GB?

From: Christopher Chaltain <>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:21:59 -0600

On 1/31/2010 5:08 AM, Paul Louden wrote:
>> Thanks for that. I had considered it. Do you know of a good program to do
>> this? It should work with different input formats.
> WinFF, which is what I generally recommend for converting videos to a
> format usable for Rockbox should also be able to convert videos to audio
> files. It should be able to take nearly any input format, and at the
> very least output MP3.
> If you're looking for something console based ffmpeg (which WinFF is
> simply a front end for) or mencoder are quite compatible with many video
> formats and should have no problem outputting file formats Rockbox can
> play.

I'm a bit confused about what's being asked for, but if you're looking
for a PC/Mac based tool to strip the audio from a video then Switch from will do the trick. It supports
multiple formats. There's a Plus version that isn't free, but I've found
the free version has always done whatever I've asked of it. BTW, it also
works with the screen readers out there.

Christopher <>