Subject: Re: RE: mk2431gah where to buy in europe

Re: RE: mk2431gah where to buy in europe

From: Christian Dehnke <>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:35:00 +0100

> Hi,
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 03:12:23PM +0100, wrote:
> > I would like to upgrade my IPOD Video 5.5 80GB to 240GB. This is
> feasable with the a. m. harddisk.
> > Thanks for the hint to ebay. I will check it tonite.
> I would like to upgrade my Gen 5 60 GB iPod (14mm think). The 8mm disk
> should
> fit in the case but will rockbox be able to work with the full 240GB in
> this
> model? Has anyone done that before?
> TIA!

Hello Harald,
I bought this HD recently (apricorn kit via I do own a 80gb 5.5 IPOD. Since I do not own a 5G I cannot answer if this will work in your IPOD.
Concerning Rockbox there is a big hd build in the forum (unsupported builds) and a site at the wiki. I do not have any problems with these builds or my own builds.
Be sure that your ipod can use the big hd. It cannot be used in a standard PC since the sector size is not 512 bytes. It is a large sector hard disk.

sicherer, schneller und einfacher!