Subject: Rbspeex errors when trying to create voice in Cygwin under Windows 7

Rbspeex errors when trying to create voice in Cygwin under Windows 7

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 02:21:32 -0000

Hello,

I am receiving some rbspeex errors when trying to create a voice file. If
anyone is familiar with Cygwin and the below, I'd really appreciate your
help in trying to resolve this.

I'm using the following configuration:
Windows 7 32-bit
Cygwin 1.5.25.15 base install + packages detailed in Rockbox tutorial
Cygwin 1.7.1 (only the cygwin dll updated, all devel tools same versions as
those with Cygwin 1.5)
/usr/local/arm-elf/bin added to PATH from build directory as in the Rockbox
Cygwin build environment tutorial.
Loquendo 7.3 SAPI voice

I'm not sure how to paste the error messages out of the console window so I
had help creating a screenshot which I've uploaded at:
www.patwanet.co.uk/rbspeexerror.jpg

A few notes. The errors seem to be related to the rbspeex but the compilers
themselves are being found OK through the path variable. I had to upgrade
the cygwin dll to 1.7 otherwise there was no way of pulling the Rockbox
packages from the server and it was causing issues with Windows 7. I'm
hoping just updating the .dll hasn't broken things completely, although I do
know that Rockbox technically isn't designed to work with Cygwin 1.7.

I'm still relatively new to this. If there is no way of creating the voice
under the current config then I'll finally call it a defeat, but this would
have to be a last resort.

I'd ask for your patience and to bear with me. If there's any additional
info I can give, I'd be happy to try and assist.

Thanks in advance.