Subject: Re: Advice please.

Re: Advice please.

From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:12:43 -0600

On 2/9/2010 11:29 AM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 February 2010 09:53:06 am Maurice Press wrote:
>> I do feel that my options are becoming slightly limited now particularly
>> if I want an Ipod or MP3 player with at least 32GB memory and new rather
>> than Second hand.
>
> Rockbox supports the Sansa e280 and Fuze, both of which have 8GB
> built in. I haven't tried it, but they should support 32GB SDHC
> cards for a total of 40GB.
>
> Just to make sure I got units that would work with Rockbox, I've bought
> two refurbished Sansas from http://accessibleelectronics.com with Rockbox
> preloaded, and they look like new.

To get another perspective, you might want to ask this question on the
Portable Players list. You can subscribe to this list by sending a
message to portable-player-request_at_freelists.org with the word subscribe
in the subject line. Where as this list may have more of a Rockbox
leaning, the Portable Players list will lean more towards an iPod.

I had this question myself not too long ago, and I documented my options
at http://chaltain.wordpress.com/. I'm not sure if that will help you or
not.

BTW, I decided to stick with my Sansa e280 with a 16G SD card, giving me
24G total, and supplementing it with a Booksense. The Sansa runs Rockbox
of course. The Sansa is my music player and the Booksense is my book and
podcast player.

Good luck.