Subject: sansa e200 v1 doesn't connect to computer - factory firmware doesn't boot

sansa e200 v1 doesn't connect to computer - factory firmware doesn't boot

From: Felipe Alvarez <felipe.alvarez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:23:16 +1000

I try to connect my sansa e200 v1 (8gb) into my opensuse box, or winXP
box, and they fail to be recognised by either OS. 'fdisk -l' reveals
nothing.

Also, when pressing <left button during boot-up, it takes me to
factory OS, but it tries to reload database, about 5% done, it reboots
again. Again, pressing <left button, again to factory OS, again 5%
reload database, again reboot. Rinse-Repeat.

When booting rockbox, and 'initialize database' it detects about 47
files, then stops. Then rockboxes freezes (sometimes just acts
R-E-A-L-L-Y slowly)

Can this be repaired/fixed in any way? I use GNU almost exclusively

Felipe