Subject: Re: Will it work

Re: Will it work

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:21:37 -0600

Walt Williams wrote:
> Hi
>
> After searching the archive I couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so here it is:
>
> Will RockBox work on an iRiver T30MX? I would like to make my T30 compatible with my Linux system instead of having to rely on a microsoft system to upload music.

Did you check the front page of the main website? We tend to feel it's
pretty clear on which players do work. Specifically it says "If your
player is not listed above, then Rockbox does not run on it." If you're
asking this question, it's pretty clear we've failed you. Can you give
us some advice on how to make the message on the front page clearer? For
example, your player isn't supported. We thought this would be clear by
the combination of it not being listed and the quoted sentence above.
What else should we add to make it harder to miss this fact?