Subject: Re: Creating voice file with Rockbox Utility

Re: Creating voice file with Rockbox Utility

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:20:13 +0100

Erin M. Chaves schrieb:
> Hi, all,
>
> I have done some research into this, but I cannot find an answer.
> I'm attempting to create a voice file with Rockbox Utility 1.2.5, but I
> get the message "TTS executable not found."

You probably get this message because you choose a tts engine like
espeak or flite in the configuration dialog, which needs a external
binary. If you want to use such a TTS engine, you should use the
"Configure TTS" Button and browse or enter the path to the executable.

On windows you can also use any sapi5 tts without providing any external
binary. Just choose "Sapi TTS Engine" from the first combobox when you
enter the configuration dialog from the Talk/voice file generation
dialogs. The "Configure TTS" allows you to choose the Language,Voice,
speed and additional option (in this order) for sapi.

hope this helps :-)