Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope

Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope

From: Gordon C. Cardona <gordongt_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:09:48 +0100

Dear Paulos,

I ordered the Sansa Fuze from Amazon UK but I'm still awaiting my order, so
I still have to try install rockbox on it. I should receive by the end of
next week, so I'll let you know how it went if you want. I'm sure if you
google the sansa fuze, you should find a dealer in your area. I found Amazon
to have some good offers. I would also strongly advice you to check whether
the model on retail has a v1 firmware because apparently rockbox won't work
on Fuze v2.0

I hope this helps.

Gordon
----- Original Message -----
From: <rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:00 PM
Subject: rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 14

> Send rockbox mailing list submissions to
> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> rockbox-owner_at_cool.haxx.se
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of rockbox digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Question concerning rockbox development (Hope (Gordon C. Cardona)
> 2. Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope (Hope Paulos)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:47:28 +0100
> From: "Gordon C. Cardona" <gordongt_at_fastmail.fm>
> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Subject: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope
> Message-ID: <32B6D799186742F8831191D33AA857C8_at_GECKO>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> The same thing happened to me a few months back. I thought I had bought
> the
> Clip model, but in fact it was the Clip+. I have a visual impairment
> myself
> and I was looking forward to having better control over my player.
>
> Recently, I had saved some cash to buy myself a player that has rockbox
> support and works well with audible audio too. I settled for the Sansa
> Fuze
> and I made sure it was a v1 model that I was purchasing to make sure the
> same thing which happened with my clip+ didn't happen this time too.
>
> I also hope that the Clip+ will some day support Rockbox without problems
> since it's such a small player and packed with many great functions that I
> need as astudentand on my job. Unfortunately, models that have been
> designed to be user friendly to blind people )such as the Olympus DS
> models)
> are still too expensive I think.
>
> Gordon
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se>
> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:00 PM
> Subject: rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 13
>
>
>> Send rockbox mailing list submissions to
>> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> rockbox-owner_at_cool.haxx.se
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of rockbox digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>> 1. Question concerning rockbox development (Hope Paulos)
>> 2. Re: Creating voice files with Rbutil failed (Dominik Wenger)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:29:23 -0400
>> From: "Hope Paulos" <hope.paulos_at_maine.edu>
>> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>> Subject: Question concerning rockbox development
>> Message-ID: <34D1B80480254BEB84E2AFF77496E0BB_at_Hope>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>> Hello. I recently purchased a sansa clip, not realizing it was the sansa
>> clip +. When I looked at the website, I discovered that rockbox did not
>> support this version of the sansa clip players. Will Rockbox support the
>> sansa clip + in the near future? I'm totally blind and had rockbox on my
>> sansa e260. I enjoy all the features Rockbox offers.
>> Thanks.
>> Hope Paulos
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> <http://cool.haxx.se/pipermail/rockbox/attachments/20100322/93d78585/attachment.htm>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:22:32 +0100
>> From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
>> To: Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>> Subject: Re: Creating voice files with Rbutil failed
>> Message-ID: <4BA7B568.5030102_at_googlemail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Ayiba Peters schrieb:
>>> I am trying to create a voice file. But it wont work. Few months ago it
>>> did work, but now no more. Please could you help me solve the problem?
>>> Here is part of the message: ...
>>>
>>
>> Unfortunatly the log is cut-off before it gets interessting.
>> Can you please upload the log to something like pastebin.com and post
>> the link here ?
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> rockbox mailing list
>> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>>
>>
>> End of rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 13
>> ***************************************
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:59:13 -0400
> From: "Hope Paulos" <hope.paulos_at_maine.edu>
> To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope
> Message-ID: <FCB18B2DDF1643D89A0AB84E24AA3F0F_at_Hope>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=response
>
> Thanks so much for your prompt answer. At first I was wondering if my
> message went to the list because I hadn't received it.<smile> I'll
> consider
> buying the fuse. Can it be purchased at Best Buy or a similar electronics
> store?
> Thanks!
> Hope Paulos
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gordon C. Cardona" <gordongt_at_fastmail.fm>
> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:47 PM
> Subject: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope
>
>
>> The same thing happened to me a few months back. I thought I had bought
>> the Clip model, but in fact it was the Clip+. I have a visual impairment
>> myself and I was looking forward to having better control over my player.
>>
>> Recently, I had saved some cash to buy myself a player that has rockbox
>> support and works well with audible audio too. I settled for the Sansa
>> Fuze and I made sure it was a v1 model that I was purchasing to make sure
>> the same thing which happened with my clip+ didn't happen this time too.
>>
>> I also hope that the Clip+ will some day support Rockbox without problems
>> since it's such a small player and packed with many great functions that
>> I
>> need as astudentand on my job. Unfortunately, models that have been
>> designed to be user friendly to blind people )such as the Olympus DS
>> models) are still too expensive I think.
>>
>> Gordon
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: <rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se>
>> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:00 PM
>> Subject: rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 13
>>
>>
>>> Send rockbox mailing list submissions to
>>> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>> rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>> rockbox-owner_at_cool.haxx.se
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of rockbox digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>> 1. Question concerning rockbox development (Hope Paulos)
>>> 2. Re: Creating voice files with Rbutil failed (Dominik Wenger)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:29:23 -0400
>>> From: "Hope Paulos" <hope.paulos_at_maine.edu>
>>> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>>> Subject: Question concerning rockbox development
>>> Message-ID: <34D1B80480254BEB84E2AFF77496E0BB_at_Hope>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>> Hello. I recently purchased a sansa clip, not realizing it was the sansa
>>> clip +. When I looked at the website, I discovered that rockbox did not
>>> support this version of the sansa clip players. Will Rockbox support
>>> the
>>> sansa clip + in the near future? I'm totally blind and had rockbox on my
>>> sansa e260. I enjoy all the features Rockbox offers.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Hope Paulos
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL:
>>> <http://cool.haxx.se/pipermail/rockbox/attachments/20100322/93d78585/attachment.htm>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:22:32 +0100
>>> From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
>>> To: Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
>>> Subject: Re: Creating voice files with Rbutil failed
>>> Message-ID: <4BA7B568.5030102_at_googlemail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>>
>>> Ayiba Peters schrieb:
>>>> I am trying to create a voice file. But it wont work. Few months ago it
>>>> did work, but now no more. Please could you help me solve the problem?
>>>> Here is part of the message: ...
>>>>
>>>
>>> Unfortunatly the log is cut-off before it gets interessting.
>>> Can you please upload the log to something like pastebin.com and post
>>> the link here ?
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> rockbox mailing list
>>> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>>> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>>>
>>>
>>> End of rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 13
>>> ***************************************
>>>
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Unsubscribe: http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>> FAQ: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GeneralFAQ
>> Etiquette: http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> rockbox mailing list
> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
> http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
>
>
> End of rockbox Digest, Vol 55, Issue 14
> ***************************************
>

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
FAQ: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GeneralFAQ
Etiquette: http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html
Received on 2010-03-24


Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa