Subject: Re: upgrading hard drive in Ipod video 60GB

Re: upgrading hard drive in Ipod video 60GB

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 17:52:53 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leonard Morris" <lmorris1953_at_gmail.com>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 5:33 PM
What's happening is my Ipod will be playing some music and all of a sudden
it will
make this really loud hissing noise. The noise sounds like white noise that
you might here when a TV channel goes off the air or noise you might here
when you are changing stations using a radio dial. That's the best way I
think I can describe what is going on.
* Have you done a thorough scandisk, if you are using windows?
It is called "disk check in windows xp.
But make sure you check both check boxes in the check disk options window.
Also, a defrag might help the disk too, in it may have to do less work.
Also try, after that, to upgrade your Rockbox, in case a Rockbox file has
gotten corupt.
HTH.
Glenn.

Database version: 6.14880