Subject: Re: upgrading hard drive in Ipod video 60GB

Re: upgrading hard drive in Ipod video 60GB

From: Dave Hooper <>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:45:30 +0100

For what it's worth, my ipod harddrive recently died, and was characterized
by extreme mechanical noise coming from the unit itself - clicking and
screeching. I'm attempting to replace the disk (5.0g 60gb) with an mk1224gah
and will report back. I have suspicions that some 'large physical sector'
disks may not work in 5.0g ipods.