Subject: Re: Battery issue on iaudio X5

Re: Battery issue on iaudio X5

From: newbeewan <>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:18:12 +0200

Le 17/05/2010 16:49, Andy a écrit :
> newbeewan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have some time an issue on battery charge level when using iaudio X5
>> in low temperatures (less than 10°C).
>> When its happen, rockbox boot correctly but it detect battery as if it
>> is empty, so it shutdown !
>> If I warm it, rockbox rock as usual !
>> Is there something to do to solve that issue ?
>> Regards
>> Mourad
>> FAQ:
>> Etiquette:
> Wrap the player in a sock and put it in your pocket. Electronics are
> sensitive to temperature.
As sometimes I forgot it into my car, it fail to start for about 20
minutes before it internal temperature is warm enough.

During winter, I was agree with that, because negative temperature are
not good for batteries and electronic devices, but 7 or 8°C seem to be
good !

My battery is 3 years old, that's may be an explanation !

My real question was what are criteria for rockbox to decide if battery
is empty ?
Is it possible to overide it a little to permit some cold (real meaning
!) boot !

I will try with the original FW to see if there are the same comportment.