Subject: Re: RE: ipod video 5.5 rebuild from 80gb to 240gb rockbox intal problem

Re: RE: ipod video 5.5 rebuild from 80gb to 240gb rockbox intal problem

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 17:54:24 +0100

Not clear to me from reading that where you are getting your ipod build
from. I suspect the current build for ipod 5g 60/80GB doesn't support disks
with a physical sector size > 1024 bytes (like the drive you put in your
ipod) and you would need a modified build - are you using a modified build
or the regular rockbox build?
That said, I recall seeing changes that would allow to support this, but I
don't know if an updated bootloader has been made available yet.
Primarily the regular rockbox builds support only unmodified hardware. Check
the forums for modified builds to support your modifications.