Subject: Re: RE: ipod video 5.5 rebuild from 80gb to 240gb rockbox intal problem

Re: RE: ipod video 5.5 rebuild from 80gb to 240gb rockbox intal problem

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:09:38 +0100

Actually I've just re-read your original post where you've said you've
downloaded an "ipod patch". My guess is you're referring to a sourcecode
patch to enable the large physical sectors feature for your 240GB build. If
so - no - that's not how patches work. You need to 'build' rockbox yourself.
If you're not doing that (and I didn't see you mentioning it in your steps)
then you need to do that, or, if you don't know what that means or how to do
it, ask in the forums for someone to make the build for you. At a guess, in
the same forum you got this patch file from..

If you've already downloaded a PATCHED build (compiled for you, by someone
in the forums perhaps), then it should just work. But again my key point is
- that's a guess, because you haven't said where you're reading your
instructions from or where you downloaded the 'patch' from.

> On 18 May 2010 18:47, "yojojo jablonski" <yojojo10_at_msn.com> wrote:
>

> When I ran automatic utility, it detected the other bootloader, asked if I
would like to over writ...