Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 57, Issue 11

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 57, Issue 11

From: Felipe Alvarez <felipe.alvarez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:25:44 +1000

hello list

I often empty my SANSA e280v1 on a monthly basis. I flush ./SYSTEM,
upload another 7.5G of songs, and then give "update now" to
the databse (not initialise now). While it churns away,
I usually just browse to my "MUSIC" folder, and add
all the songs there to my playlist. This of course bypasses the
database altogether, and just loads to the playlist the files
from the directory.

I don't usually do it this way, but updating the databse does take
a considerable amount of time (30 min). I usually wait until my
DB is finished updating to be able to use it

** how can I verify the update-db process is complete? **

(rockbox v.3.6)

thanks all

Felipe