Subject: Re: Sansa Fuze Setup Issues with Windows 7

Re: Sansa Fuze Setup Issues with Windows 7

From: William H. Bowen <>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:25:15 -800

"Ron Colvard" <> wrote - - -

> HAving issues running Rockbox installer on my laptop. Is it compatible with 64bit Win7? Is there a way to work around this to install ROckbox on my v2 Sansa Fuze? On Win 7, it doesn't assign my Sansa a drive letter so I cant direct the installer to it and it will not auto detect.
> Thanks for your time

  If Windows 7 is not detecting the Fuze as a USB drive, make sure the Fuze
itself is set to the correct mode. In "USB Mode" under "Settings" set the
device to "MSC" mode - in this mode the Fuze will appear to Windows as a USB
storage device. I had no issues with my Sansa having Windows 7 detect it and
set it up both ways (as a drive in MSC mode and as a multimedia device in MTP

  Can't help out on the 64-bit issue (I'm still 32bit here) , but I'll bet
there are others in the group that can.

Best Regards,
  Bill Bowen
  Sacramento, CA

P.S. I also took the liberty of assigning a "Subject" to the post - you'll
get better response if people getting the postings know what they are about.