Subject: Re: Archos OndioFM support questions

Re: Archos OndioFM support questions

From: mat <mat_at_lessermatters.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:11:29 +0100 (BST)

> I'm a Rockbox user for my last 3 devices and I won't buy another mp3
> player
> that isn't on the Rockbox compatability list. Well done!
>
> I need to record some audio soon and the only player I have with recording
> is
> an Archos Ondio FM. It was already Rockbox-ed so I just updated it to
> 3.6.
> Then I found a problem, the external MMC card doesn't work. I checked the
> card, it's fine. I connected the player back up to my computer and I
> could
> see the external card fine. Then the horror struck: Rockbox?
>
> Well, I went to the archives and tested old versions. Yep, there it is.
> Rockbox 2.5 supports the MMC card. Nothing since, 3.0 to 3.6 supports
> the card.
>
> So, did I miss some tech note about MMC support being deprecated? I
> didn't
> see anything on the Rockbox Ondio FM webpage.

Hi there. I had similar problems. I even sent Jens a card to try and sort
the problem out. I think he made progress but I've yet to get it working
myself.

I think the problem was dependent on the make of card (hence me sending
mine). I bought another card however, and it still didn't work :-(

When mentioned on this list it appeared that there were very few people
using the archos which is a shame as I reckon it's nice SS mp3 player.

Good luck!