Subject: RE: auto-delete after playback?

RE: auto-delete after playback?

From: Jammit Timmaj <jammit999_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:30:47 +0000

From: sleepypedro_at_yahoo.com
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: auto-delete after playback?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:29:33 -0400

I've been using the
rockbox firmware on a Sansa Clip v1 for the last 5months or so and love
it. I've been staying current with daily builds, currently on
r27187.

I'm using the clip
as a podcast player for lengthy commutes, downloading fresh NPR feeds directly
to the Clip with Juice every couple of days. I'd never need to listen more
than once to any given download, so I'm wondering if there is a way to
auto-delete a file after a completed playback? I didn't see anything
about this in the manual nor perusing the menus.

I'm aware of how to
delete a file within rockbox, but I'd rather not have to deal with mashing
buttons while on the highway. I could also auto-purge older material
with Juice after a certain period of time passes, but it would be a lot more
elegant of a solution to simply have the material disappear after
playback.

Is this
possible? If not, is this the right forum to make a feature
request?

thank you for the
space, and thank you even more for the rockbox firmware!

Peter

-------

I was wondering about something similar, except I was thinking of doing this from the computer and not from the mp3 player. I was thinking of a special program to handle transferring music from the computer to the mp3 player similar to the way that iTunes does it, except in the Rockbox way. We've modified the mp3, why not the software to handle the music transfer? (and when I say "we", I meant everybody except me because I couldn't hack my way out of a wet paper bag). Maybe a simple music handler with an added folder that handles podcasts with the option to append the new and delete the old. Perhaps a plug in for Amarok or some other open source program.

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much,
much better.
-Laurie Anderson, Language is a Virus-

The glass is neither half full nor half empty, the glass has simply
been over-engineered.
-Jammit-

The World Wide Web is text for people who can't read.
-Von- "Sisters of Mercy"

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.
-Frank Zappa-

I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years. - Sam
Kinison

ICQ#45068833

MSN#jammit999_at_hotmail.SPAM.com

AIM#Jammit9999999999