Subject: Re: Seeking spanish Rockbox for IPod Nano 2nd gen

Re: Seeking spanish Rockbox for IPod Nano 2nd gen

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:13:46 +0200

On Thursday 08 July 2010 at 01:42, David Hall wrote:

> On 07/07/2010 12:00 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 July 2010 at 17:42, Dave Hooper wrote:
> >> There isn't a "spanish firmware". You would install rockbox (which
> >> defaults to english language) and then change the language in rockbox on
> >> your ipod after it's installed. The settings 'stick' across shutdown on
> >> your ipod so you should be fine.
> >
> > This looks like a good thing to update in the instructions in the manual,
> > since it's not clear that this is how things work, and it could save
> > people considerable time (and perhaps worry) to know that this is how to
> > do it.
> I'm not 100% sure what part of the manual you were thinking needs
> improving.

The installer part, chapter 2.

> Is where the concept of installing language "packs" is first discussed
> in more than a passing manner. I'm sure the information could be
> clarified, do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking more under section 2.2, regarding installation.

Just a simple statement to the effect that there is only one version for all
languages (ie: don't try to find "Rockbox for your language"), and that you
select the language it works in after installing (perhaps "see section 8.7").

I think the words written by Dave Hooper above were very good.

I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.
 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.