Subject: Re: bluetooth protocol stack

Re: bluetooth protocol stack

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:25:00 +0200

On Friday 16 July 2010 at 13:17, Daniel Hoggan wrote:

> If there was a need for a bluetooth protocol stack in Rockbox, how would
> you go about it?

How about:

1. Identify any/all Rockbox-compatible players with Bluetooth hardware.

2. Look for open source drivers for the corresponding chipsets.

3. See how little you can use to get audio support without all the other bits
that Bluetooth can do.

I have no idea how many devices you may be looking at after completing step 1,
but I suspect it is a very small and not necessarily non-zero number.

It is against Google's terms of service for anyone under the age of 18 (age
may vary by country) to use the Google search system:
"2.3 You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if you are not
of legal age to form a binding contract with Google."
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.