Subject: Re: Problems installing Rockbox on a Sansa E280

Re: Problems installing Rockbox on a Sansa E280

From: Marc Guay <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:10:13 -0400

> Do you per chance know the key sequences to press on the player to change
> this?  I could therefore do this myself as it's hard for me to get a
> reliable set of eyes to read the screen for me.

- Boot the Sansa firmware
- Press "select" (button in the middle of the wheel) on the first
menu item after it's done booting (this should be the settings menu)
- Roll the wheel counter-clockwise one menu item (I realize that this
is hard to detect with no audio feedback but I can't think of anything
else to suggest)
- Press "select"
- Roll the wheel one menu item (clockwise or counter clockwise doesn't
matter - there are two items in this list, MTP and MSC)
- Press "select"

You should now be in MSC mode. Shut down by holding the power button
for a few second and connect the USB cable.