Subject: RE: Problems installing Rockbox on a Sansa E280

RE: Problems installing Rockbox on a Sansa E280

From: Barry Toner <barry_at_barry-toner.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:41:28 +0100

Hi all,

I don't think this Sansa is working properly.

I have sent the following to Sansas Technical Support and would like to
thank you all for your suggestions. Especially Lars and Mark, and North
Star, for taking the time to give me the key sequences for selecting MSC
from the settings menu.
***Mail to Sansa Tech Support***
" I took delivery of a Sansa E280 Factory Reverb today. I am unable to boot
the device in MSC mode. It will boo to MTP mode.

I have followed the instructions on,

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61/kw/msc/r_id/101834%20/sno/0

I keep getting the messege that Windows Does not recognise one of the USB
Devices connected to the computer.

I have tried this on 12 USB ports on one Desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate
with Admin, a XP SP3 Virtual machine on the same Desktop, and a Windows XP
Home SP3 on a completely different machine.

The products information should this be useful is, Sansa E280 Firmware
version: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.18-S301.02.18A-D,
Serial number: 00000000-00000000-3553b394-f413db19-000

Is it possible this device is defective and needs replacing?

Regards,
Barry toner."