Subject: Generating voice clips

Generating voice clips

From: Barry Toner <barry_at_barry-toner.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:02:43 +0100

Hi all,

As the last time I used RB was around 3 years ago on an iriver H340 I was
wondering how Blind people are generating Voice Clips for media they put on
their RB Enabled unit with the current release.

Back then I used to use a VB Script, that I just typed the path in and using
my selected SAPI voice on Windows the .talk files would be created.

Can we still do this? The RB Utility I'm find with speech is dicy. I am a
Sys Eng and could probably live with it but my partner uses the JAWS screen
reader. Which wont' read at all with the RB Utility. So i'm looking for a
method whereby she can easily generate clips for her media as she puts it
on.

Any suggestions, also if the VB Script method is still viable is their a URL
to grab it from?

Thanks,

Barry