Subject: RE: Concerning incident with my fuze

RE: Concerning incident with my fuze

From: Barry Toner <barry_at_barry-toner.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:01:22 +0100

"From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
Behalf Of tre
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 3:28 AM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
Subject: Concerning incident with my fuze

Good evening, all. I've not been able to locate the answer to my question in
the suggested areas, although I did find some possibilities, so I thought
I'd ask here. I've bought a Sansa Fuze V2 and I am aware that it is supposed
to be supported by the latest release, but here's my problem. I've installed
RB on my Fuze and I see the install when displaying my player in windows.
The .rockbox dir is where it is supposed to be, voice files as well, but for
all intents and purposes, its simply not there. No voice, no menu changes,
not a thing. I am blind and received the help of my son to check this
information. I've even attempted to reflash the Fuze with the most
up-to-date firmware frm Sandisk, but since nothing was changed on my player
to begin with, it does nothing either. That part I'm not so worried about,
but I just can't get RB to load or even show up when I reboot the player.
Sorry to ramble. Any ideas? "

Hi Tree,

Have you loaded the Bootloader on to the player also known as Sansapatcher?

You need to install he Fonts, the RB files, the voice file (for speech), and
finally the Bootloader so that the player Boots into Rockbox.

See here for info on the Sansapatcher, Bootloader.

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansae200/rockbox-buildch2.html

Hoep this helps.

Barry