Subject: Re: Not giving up on H320

Re: Not giving up on H320

From: mat <mat_at_lessermatters.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:00:33 +0100

TG wrote:
> Matt:
> I to have a long lived iRiver H320 with Rockbox. I would love to
> convert it to an SD based player. Can you post the gorry details on
> exactly what you did and how hard it was?
>
> Thanks
> Tom
Dead simple really. I bought the following 3 things from amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003DKGYJA/ref=oss_product

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001KESFIO/ref=oss_product

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0039OA67G/ref=oss_product

...then plugged the SD card into the Compact Flash card adaptor
card-thingy, plug the adaptor card into the CF to IDE converter then
eventually plug that in place of the HD in the h320!

remove 2 screws from one end, 1 from the other and 2 from the sides
unclip the underside half of the case and remove
remove some blue rubbery stuff
fold batter over (no unclip yet)
pull out HD carefully.
stick your converter russian-doll-like device in (obviously make sure
your SD card has .rockbox on it...)

there's more screws for battery replacement...in fact just watch a video:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iriver+h320+battery&aq=f

Well, if you need any help then ask me but there really isn't much to it
- just be carefull, don't force things apart for example, look for
screws you might've missed.