Subject: RE: TTS and Daisy

RE: TTS and Daisy

From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:55:25 -0500

> From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-
> bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Johan Vromans

> FWIW, it's trivial to put the Daisy *.mp3 files on a RockBox player[1]
> and play them as normal audio files. You lack the facility to navigate
> on the section/chapter/paragraph/sentence level but my experience is
> that that is not often used.

I use these navigation features on the DAISY books I read all of the time,
so I have a different experience. From other lists I'm on, there are
definitely other blind people who also navigate books in this way and who
miss it when it isn't present, such as in older NLS titles converted to the
DAISY format from analog tapes.

--
Christopher
chaltain_at_gmail.com