Subject: Re: question

Re: question

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:56:46 +0200

On Friday 22 October 2010 at 23:27, Jonas Häggqvist wrote:

> On 22-10-2010 14:19, Antony Stone wrote:
> > I'm sorry it wasn't easier for you to find the information on the
> > website. I just looked so that I could point you at a page giving the
> > answer to "I want Rockbox to run on X", but I can't find it (I'm sure it
> > used to be there).
> Do you mean this: ?

Indeed - specifically the statement under "Who will help you?".

I searched both the FAQ and the Wiki for things like "Which players does
Rockbox run on?", "Is player X supported?", "I want to run Rockbox - what
player should I buy?" but I couldn't find anything that seemed to say how the
porting process to new platforms works.

I found which is very good, but still
doesn't explain the situation for other devices not listed there.

(Personally I know the answer to the question; I've been using Rockbox for
years, but I was just surprised that someone looking at the site for the
first time couldn't easily see this as a Frequently Asked Question.)

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.