Subject: Re: 240GB hard drive

Re: 240GB hard drive

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:06:56 +0700

Mail got cut short in my earlier reply. Either 512-byte physical sectors, or
a harddrive that transparently presents itself as having 512-byte
addressible sectors and implements both unaligned read and unaligned write
in the harddrive firmware.
See the wiki page HardDriveReplacement.
MK2431GAH , apparently, should work ok in ipod video.

(By the way, if you had a 5.5g (80gb) ipod video, the choice of hard drive
upgrade available is slightly broader, as the ipod firmware is different and
supports drives that don't handle unaligned writes.)