Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 65, Issue 1

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 65, Issue 1

From: Al Foders <alfoders_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 06:38:03 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 1/1/11, Greg <rockbox-request_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
I'm trying to install Rockbox 3.7.1 on a Mac-formatted iPod Nano
(second gen).

Suggestions?  I.e. is there a way to reformat an iPod Nano to
"Windows" format without needing iTunes on Windows?  (I have easy
access to multiple Linux boxes and Macs, but not Windows.)

Thanks --

Greg

Greg -- you might try "Gparted" - a disk partion/format utility. Burn it to a CD or install on a USB drive. It self-boots from any x86 PC (indedpendent of the native OS) and has a simple GUI.

Get Gparted here:
http://gparted.sourceforge.net/index.php

Hope this helps.
Happy New Year