Subject: Re: Mpegpalyer

Re: Mpegpalyer

From: Antony Stone <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:41:54 +0100

On Saturday 15 January 2011 at 19:08, Delmas Quentin wrote:

> Why does the mpeg player not resize videos ?
> Is it too complicate to do technically ?
> I watch a lot of videos on my iPod and i can't see all the video but just a
> part.
> Is it natural ?

Most devices that Rockbox gets installed on have quite low power processors.
From "MPEGplayer does all video
and audio decoding using your device's main CPU".

Therefore you need to make the CPU's job as easy as possible, otherwise it
just can't do what you want (such as scaling, in your case) or you'll end up
with skipping video or audio.

See the "How To Encode Files" section of the above page for details on how to
prepare video files for playing on your device.