Subject: .voice files failing to generate on ipod video 30 GB

.voice files failing to generate on ipod video 30 GB

From: Tyler Wood <tcwood12_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:02:32 -0500

Hi,

When attempting to use rockbox Utility on a windows xp vm and create voice
files, or .talk files, it voices the entries fine but then when the encoding
starts it gets so far into the process then says failed to encode <insert
file here>. It's a different file every time.

I'm using the current build on the ipod, I have Rockbox Utility 1.2.8. I've
done all the research I can and I saw somewhere that it could be conflicting
because I'm on a duel core/hyperthreading system?

I'm attempting this with at&t Rich and Mike for .voice and .talk files,
respectively. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I tried this on
another computer using standalone xp but that was just as unsuccessful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Tyler