Subject: getting a new mp3 player

getting a new mp3 player

From: Mat Mirabella <mat_mirabella_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:38:25 +1100

Hi all.
I am a long term user of rockbox... first on an iriver h340 and now on a
sandisk sansa e280v1. But I am getting close to needing a new one now and
wondered if anyone has advice on what player i could get new at the moment
in Australia that is supported well.
I know this is often a tricky question because good support, taking a
while.,, often happens as the player is going out of market . E.g. I can't
seem to find any sansa fuze 16gb players around now which is the one i was
thinking of going for.
So... other than apple... do people have any suggestions on what might be
out there now? I would like to ensure voice recording and FM radio and
potentially a micro sd card option is available. My preference would be for
16Gb internal and long battery life.
Thanks all.
Mat.