Subject: Re: getting a new mp3 player

Re: getting a new mp3 player

From: Donald Perley <perley_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:23:36 -0500

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM, yall wrote:
>> Or you could buy the same unit from Amazon or any other retailer for a
>> much
>> lower price. They're charging roughly 10 to 20 dollars for a player with
>> preinstalled rockbox, a fairly simple procedure.

> ***Yes and I did not see any players for $20 on Amazon.  Also, how are you
> going to determine what version of the firmware the used player has?
> BTW:  The E series is commanding a large buck new now a days go
> figure...rocker

I'm pretty sure that "10 to 20 dollars" is the extra to get rockbox
installed, not the price at Amazon. example: 4gb Fuze $76 at
talkingmp3players vs around $52 (depending on the vendor) at Amazon.

E series: generally not available, listed as out of stock at
talkingmp3players. Potentially will last longer than a Fuze since it
has a replaceable battery.