Subject: Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 66, Issue 13

Re: rockbox Digest, Vol 66, Issue 13

From: Jeff Backus <jeff.backus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:43:22 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com> wrote:

> This could happen, but only if the last time you used your ipod, you didn't
> boot rockbox (you booted into the apple firmware instead). When you
> subsequently plug in usb after the ipod has 'shut down' it really only
> 'wakes up' the apple firmware.
>
> If you boot into rockbox, then shutdown the ipod (hold down play until
> rockbox says shutting down) and THEN (while still turned off and with the
> hold switch off), it should always boot into rockbox.
>
> If not, we have a very interesting new test case.

This sounds what is likely happening. Until recently I kept my iPod in a
backpack w/ the hold switch on. It is very likely something could bump the
click wheel w/ enough force to wake the iPod up. At which point it would
load the Apple firmware then proceed to sit idle until it put itself to
sleep.

Regards,
jeff

--