Subject: Re: Open hardware for RockBox

Re: Open hardware for RockBox

From: B <bbcu2011_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:14:15 -0500

EPI --> External peripheral interface.

I believe the EPI on the chip I am planning building a development board
around runs at 50 MHz for SDRAM. The RAM is mapped into the CPU's memory map
higher number than the internal memory.

The internal SRAM is 96 KB or 64 KB depending on the device.

It can address up to 64 MB of SDRAM, but I think I am unlikely to have more
than 16 MB (8 or 16 are the most probable).

I take your point on the docs :-) I am much more a hardware than a software
person. This player isn't really going to be portable, and I think the
initial implementation from me will just be a few free codecs like FLAC that
are important to me, but I'd like to make sure the hardware could support
this excellent project.